I rarely re-read my postings. I can type about the same speed that I can think (which is sometimes fast and sometimes very very slow!). I do this on purpose because I want what I write to be the raw truth of what transpires around here. After re-reading my last post, all I thought was waaaahhhhh, what a whiner. (that's whiner, not winner!) I hate it when my kids whine, and being the cup is half full kinda girl that I am, I am not prone to whining a whole whole lot.
I am taking a great study at our church on "shepherding your child's heart." Ted Tripp, the author, has talked A LOT about our behavior being the product of what is in our hearts. In relating to our children, we need to look at the heart issue of what is driving their behavior - i.e. - they hit their brother because they were selfish and wanted the toy. So, we work backwards, and address the heart issue - being selfish - as well as the behavior issue. We don't just deal with wrong behavior. It has been a fascinating as well as very convicting study. I highly advise reading the book.
Anyway, I see that I have to deal with my own heart as well. I can't just change my behavior. As I read that post, I realize that most of my misery of last week was, in part, due to circumstance, but was more related to my response to the circumstances. I did not filter the circumstances through a biblical collander, nor did I think it through a long term perspective. All I really thought was, my life is hell and no one is going to rescue me! What a lie I was believing. What a grand pity part I worked myself into. Ugh, our true human nature can be so icky and unlovely. It makes me ever thankful again for God's grace. It is only through Him that all the ick is covered and made beautiful. He graciously forgives my pity-party and helps me remember that His grace is sufficient for me, and that His strength will be made perfect in my weakness. So, forgive my pity party, friends. I am sure you all have never felt the same way (ha!).
No comments:
Post a Comment