When I look at my sweet Andrew, I wonder, how can you already be three months old? Then I wonder, how can you only be three months old - we have had you forever. When you have your first, you wonder: what did we do before we had kids? How did we spend our time? What did we spend money on? Then, when you are pregnant again, you panic. How will I ever love this one as much as the first? But when the doctor hands you number 2 (or number 2 and number 3!), you think, how could I have been so dumb? Of course I love these as much as the first.
When I was pregnant with Andrew, I was in shock to be pregnant. That type of thing just didn't happen to me without drugs, big bucks and a few hosptial visits. We were pregnant the old fashioned way? This happened how?? But, now, being a more savy parent, I KNEW I would love this baby. He was our love child, our fourth, and since Jeff and I are both #4 in our families, I think we feel a special bond with him.
I loved having Andrew. It was a great c-section, if that is possible. The nurses were wonderful, and in that very sterile operating room, we were women coming together to birth a baby. Modern technology aside, women are women, and we bond instantly when it comes to having babies. I will never see those ladies again, but they are forever etched in my mind holding my hands, wiping my forehead, and giving me encouragement.
Andrew inspires you to scoop him up and hold him close. He melts into you. He loves to be loved. He smiles, I melt. Every day is a new day, a new challenge, a new smile. This one inspires me to be a better mother. He is laid-back, but demands very kindly what he needs. When he calls to me in the middle of the night, he is not angry, just hungry, and just needing to be held.
When I think back to when I had Jeffrey, I realize how young and naive I was, and I know I will look back on this time in my life and realize how young and naive I am. But today, I celebrate that Andrew is 3 months old. He is happy and he is healthy and he is such an important part of who our family is. We would not have been complete without him, and we are so glad he is here.
1 comment:
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »
Post a Comment