Everyone should have the chance to take twins to the doctor. Thankfully, my mom kept Andrew this am, and I carted off the B's to see the doc. Brantley has yellow goop running from his nose and a fever, and Blake, well poor Blake is dripping from everywhere, covered in eczema that is blazing red, and is generally miserable. Yesterday, he layed down on the sofa, covered himself with a sponge-bob blanket and watched TV. If you know Blake, inactivity is not part of his day, so he must be sick.
The stares when you go anywhere with twins is amazing - everything from smiles - oooh aren't they cute to rolled eyes - thank God it is you, lady and not me looks. I don't know how my friends with triplets or identicals do it. So we sit in the waiting room. Here, the B's are overwhelmed by the other people - so they both want in my lap - so more stares. We get called back and Blake brazenly heads off to the scale - he knows the drill. Brantley wants to be carried - they stick you with needles here, if I recall. Neither will stand on the scale today, so the nurse says, oh, you can hold them. Well, great, like I want the nurse to know how much I weigh. But we agree, and weights and temps behind us we head to a room.
This is where the third circle of hell comes in : twins, a 8x10 confined space, with trash cans that have seen who knows what and a floor, that although it looks clean, is probably breeding some sort of virus that we did not come in with. I had seen my girlfriends name on the check in sheet - so I call her.
"sitting in the doctor's office?"
her - "how did you know"
me - "I'm right next to you."
So, we get to chat while she waits for shots and she waits for the doctor. Her kid doesn't move yet, so he is not as dangerous.
The doc finally arrives, and Brantley is completely offended by being poked and prodded. He cries huge tears and turns red and purple. Blake is more aggreeable, sitting for the doc, opening his mouth, etc. Knowing my children, you would think it would be the other way around.
The final verdict - Brantley has a sinus infection - he gets the yummy pink medicine (Jeffrey will be jealous - what do they flavor that stuff with?)
Blake - working himself into full blown asthma attacks. He comes home with a handful of four prescriptions. Poor guy, hopefully we can dry him out.
2 lollipops, a McDonald's run, and a car-payment's worth of prescriptions later, we are finally home - and off to bed - ALL of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment