I have not had time to write this week - not for lack of anything witty and interesting to say, but because Andrew was/is in the hospital. He started a little cough over the weekend, was wheezing Monday morning and was admitted Tuesday morning. The good news / bad news is that he does NOT have RSV (a respiratory virus). It is good that he does not have it because it lingers and is dangerous, but it is bad that he does not have it because the problems he is having indicates that he has infant-onset asthma. They usually won't diagnose asthma till a child is 2, but given our family history, the doctor and pulmonologist agree it is asthma. So, he caught a small cold and it immediately went into his chest and basically has knocked him out. He is improving each day. They are giving him breathing treatments, steriods to dry his lungs, and suctioning his airways. He is still needing oxygen support, but that is getting less each day. He has not been on it since this morning, and he needs to be oxygen free for 24 hours to get sent home.
so, please dear friends, pray for us...
for Andrew - that his lungs dry and clear - that he can wean completely off the oxygen and get to come home soon.
for Blake - he has a terrible outbreak of eczema, and I mean it is BAD.
for me - that I can coordinate care for all of my little ducks and not go crazy. That God provides for us daily with our childcare needs. It is very difficult for me to be at the hospital and be gone from the other boys, but I refuse for Andrew to be alone for a second. He gets agitated when others care for him, and really needs his mama right now. I love the alone time with him, but hate being away from the other boys.
for Jeff - who is holding down the fort at home, working, and caring for all of us. that he does not get too overwhelmed, for peace and strength beyond comprehension
for Brantley - he is recovering from a sinus infection. that he heals completely.
for Jeffrey - he is healthy - that he stays that way and stays flexible while mommy and daddy are juggling boys and schedules.
on a side note - I got to talk with a hospital worker today whose sis-in-law just had a premie baby who they think has Down syn. I got to minister to her some and she is going to have her relative call me. I am amazed at how God is working in the chaos!
thank you, friends, we are awfully tired and are trying not to be too stressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment