Ok, so my mom kicked me out of the hospital room today to come home, shower, nap in my own bed, kiss my other boys (except Jeff since he is sick) and take a few hours of rest and un-hospital time. Every day I think, surely today he will be better, but he is still sick. A special thank you to Janith who came and stayed with us all night last night. She tended to Andrew so I could actually sleep. It restored a little of my sanity (and there is not much left.)
So,
his bloodwork is normal - so, no bacterial infection.
his lungs are sounding better.
he is not requiring oxygen as often.
But, he now does this wierd startle thing where he tenses up all of his limbs - like he is being dropped. Not sure how to explain it. The pulmonologist thinks it is from all the medicine and steriods to dry up his lungs. They are pulling him off a lot of it to see if it improves.
He is still running a high fever - 102 to 103.6. It comes down with medicine, but then spikes up again. Pulmonologist thinks it is the end of a respiratory viral infection. Pediatrician is not so sure, so he ordered a urinalysis to rule out a urninary tract infection.
We are watching the tremors to see if they improve and managing the fever. He is still not holding down his formula (threw up all day yesterday) but will keep down pedialyte, so we have avoided an IV.
This has turned into a very long journey. I am tired and miss my family. I miss my bed. I hate that my baby is still sick. He is such a brave boy. When he feels better he still smiles and coos. His color looks good, but it seems like we have such a long way to go.
Please keep praying...
No comments:
Post a Comment