All is quiet on the homefront tonight. Jeff is on a date with Jeffrey. They were going to dinner, ball practice, and Grand Prix to race cars. Blake & Brantley are in bed, and Mr. Rotton a.k.a., Andrew is actually asleep in his own bed as well. I put him down, much to his dismay, but he did manage to go to sleep on his own, and right now I'll take any victory I can.
He has been a spoiled rotton kiddo this week, as you can tell, and he dislikes Voth Sleep Bootcamp very very much. He does like "rock me till I fall asleep, but don't you dare put me down camp", but that camp is trying to go away. We told him that he was a Voth baby, and Voth babies sleep on their own. He has not yet gotten the message. I have rocked a million miles this week, and I enjoy them all, except when Blake and Brantley conspire against me and tear things up while I am rocking. They fully understand that Andrew is all wired up, and thus I cannot chase and hold the baby at the same time like I used to. However, they are learning that I can still move rather quickly and I can put Andrew down rather quickly. It is rather funny to see them start to run as soon as they hear me getting up and putting Andrew down. They are both very sassy and too cute. They know it and use it to their full advantage.
As for Andrew, we have had good and bad days with the oxygen. Just when we think we are making progress, he bottoms out, but he is rebounding quickly. I get asked how long he will be on it, and the answer is, it is up to him. When he is ready, we'll move forward. He certainly sets the pace for this. We did some developmental assesments for him this week, as I have requested physical therapy for him. He tested out on track for everything except his physical development (where he tested at a newborn level). We should start in the next week or so. He still is sleeping great all night, so I really can't complain too much about his poor napping habits. He fully understands that his little giggle and smile pretty much gets him whatever he wants.
Jeff is still feeling lousy - coughing, etc, but when I suggest he go back to the doctor, he tells me he is feeling better. :) He has promised to go back if he is worse. We both agree that the toll of the last month (or 5 months) is probably wearing on him, so I would appreciate any prayers on his behalf. He is such an amazing dad to the boys and helper to me. We are trying to work out some together time, but leaving the kids overnight is not an option right now. We are going to try and steal a few beach days over the next few weeks.
Our summer nanny starts next week. We are looking forward to welcoming Kara into our home. She is home for a few months from FSU, and will be helping us till August. It will be lovely to have extra hands around here! Special thanks to Tiffany who has helped us the last few weeks. The boys have loved her!
My verse of the day has been, "Behold, I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth, shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isiah 43:19. God has provided just the right road for our family, and rivers when we have needed them. We are very blessed.
Enjoy the pictures...they are in no particular order, just fun ones to share.
2 comments:
Very nice site! »
Very nice site! supply management training 92a30 backpack camping hiking andreas charalambous kitchen design Real estate agent web site hosting http://www.usedcisco7.info/service_bulletins_audi.html 1 cat dedicated host hosting server teenschoolgirls Keyword domain name dedicated server mazda rx 8 gallery buspirone tab 15 mg
Post a Comment