I cannot believe that my baby is six! It feels like yesterday that I was at the hospital having him. Oh, wait, that was Andrew! Serioulsy, I do remember holding Jeffrey for the first time. I was holding an answer to prayer in my hands, a tangible gift from God. It was an awesome moment.
At Jeffrey's school, they have a tradition that each child in his class gets a chance to "bless" him by saying a characteristic of his or what they like about him. I had the privledge of being there for it. His classmates said things like, "he is funny," "he is kind," "he listens to his friends" "he is fast," "good at chess," etc. All of it was very sweet. But I was most proud when one little girl declared that "he does a good job listening to God." One of his teachers told him how much she liked to hear him pray because he poured out his heart and feelings. His other teacher said she could not wait to see what Jeffrey would become because he is so mechanically minded, loves order, etc. (We call it anal-retentive around our house, but she was much nicer). It was a warm, fuzzy moment of being a mom. I loved it.
So, Jeffrey, happy birthday! We love you.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Jeffrey!!! I am so sorry that I wasn't there to help celebrate. I miss you and love you. What can I bring you from Africa for a birthday present?
Love, Aunt Jenni
Post a Comment