Monday, February 21, 2005

Aunt Jodi (our nanney)

I am sad, so very sad to report that our nanney gave us her 2 week notice on Friday. So, only two more weeks of Aunt Jodi, and how very, very, very sad. Did I mention that this has made me sad? Seriously, we have called her Mary Poppins since the first day she walked through the door. She has kept us clean, organized and well loved since November. When I think of the month of December, I shudder to think of what it would have been like without her. I was in the hospital for soooo long with my c-section and blood pressure and then back in the hosptial for Andrew. And, of course, the twins were horribly sick with colds the whole time. She worked like a dog, caught the horrible cold, but still managed to take excellent care of our children.

There are people are gifted by God to care for others, and Jodi is one of those people. She has loved my babies like her own. They have never been more played with or clean. She kisses boo-boos, plays on the floor, is terrilby concerned for their well-being, and does it all with a smile. My kids cry when she leaves, and poor little Brantley will be devastated. He talks to her all the time. We aren't really sure what he is saying, but he just lets it fly!

When Jeff and I walked through the door back in December and told her that Andrew had Down Syn., she barely batted an eye. "He came to the right place," she said, "plenty of love around this place." She oohs and coos over Andrew, keeps his little hiney dry, and rocks him till he is rotton. I get tickled at her because she gets defensive when any of the therapists or intervention people come over and ask developmental questions about the baby. "They keep looking for something wrong, and I tell you, there's nothing wrong with this baby, can't they see that." It is very dear.

God has been good to let us borrow Aunt Jodi these past few months. She has been a special angel, heaven sent. We pray God's blessing on her as she heads back to corporate America and thank her for kind and loving service to our family.

Please pray that God shows us what the next step is for our family in terms of help with the kiddos, and that he provides what we need. He certainly has big shoes to fill.

No comments: