Monday, May 02, 2005

Sleep Boot Camp

You would think that by kid #4 that I would be able to get a baby to take a nap! Obviously that is not the case. My little Mr. Rotton is, well, spoiled rotton. Today he has had NO nap. I have tried letting him cry (much to the dismay of Blake and Brantley), rocking him (he immediately starts crying when I put him down), the swing, the bouncer and the port-a-crib. I just finished feeding and changing him. He was sooooo exhausted, he fell asleep in my arms (of course). The minute I put him down (I am starving), he started crying again. AHHHHH. Anyway, I am going to eat lunch and see if he can settle on his own (ha, ha.). All the books say he should be sleeping - hasn't he read the books???

The others are in bed, he is in bed - I should be in bed too! Too bad I have not figured out how to sleep with a baby crying! Jeff says I need to be Hitler about putting him down, and that he would draw a moustache on my face. I tell him that I have gotten soft in my old age. If the B's weren't around, I doubt Andrew's litte chubby butt would ever see the crib. Good thing he is #4! Wait, could it be?? I think it is quiet in the nursery! Off to investigate...

No comments: