Sunday, May 15, 2005

Boot Camp Continues

Andrew received a week vacation from boot camp. Somehow trying to get him to nap was not my concern last week. But now he has been off oxygen for the night and is back to his spolied rotton self. He is presently protesting the need for a nap. The little booger shuts up when you open the door, and you are greeted with a full body grin if you rescue him. Makes the boot camp thing pretty difficult. I don't know when I turned into such a softie. However, he is now quiet, even though he is not sleeping, so we'll see how it goes.

As for the twins, if you cannot hear them while they are playing, it is a very very bad sign. I was feeding Andrew last week, and the next thing I know, Blake and Brantley are silent. Hmmm, is that water I hear? Is that giggles? I investigate to find Blake in the toilet and Brantley frantically flushing while Blake squeals with glee. (PS - we have very clean toilets.) It is one of those parenting moments when you wonder if you should spank them or take their picture. I took their picture.

Jeffrey had the fever this weekend, and Brantley is still puny, but on the whole we are all doing better. They are precious sons, my four. As exhausting as they are, they are so incredibly sweet. Brantley was feeling lousy and was letting me rock him to sleep. This is a very rare occasion as usually he wants to be alone in his bed. I was rocking him in the dark and singing Amazing Grace. Jeffrey comes to find us. He is immediately concerned for Brantley, crawls in my lap with us, starts rubbing Brantley's back, and joins in the song. Ahhh, sometimes motherhood is a blessed time. We enjoy the moment while it lasts.