whew, a busy couple of weeks. Two weekends ago, Jeff took Jeffrey on an all boys camping trip with a few friends and their sons. They went to the east coast, surfed, watched movies, ate junk food, and stayed up too late. They had a ball and I wasn't sure who was more tired - the big boys or the little boys!
I've been busy getting the kids ready for school - back to school physicals, uniforms, backpacks, school supplies, etc. All the boys had their well visit last month, and thankfully they are all doing fine. We aren't breaking any height/weight records around here, and developmental milestones are holding less and less attraction since we had Andrew. We don't really care too much anymore if our child is at the head of the pack. They asked a few questions about Blake and Brantley (like can they stack 6 blocks) that I was not sure of the answer to. I really don't know if they can stack 6 blocks (we don't have blocks) but anal Brantley can line up 20 video tapes in a perfectly straight line, and Blake can mess them up in 6 seconds - does that count??
Andrew left his visit with a pat on the head and a hand full of referrals. He still has breathing "issues" so back off to the pulmonologist we went. He declared him a "happy wheezer" (whatever that means) and suggested that we take a look down his throat to see what is going on past his larynx. We are not sure if his wheeze is being produced by his lungs (which can be treated with medicine) or if the wheeze is being procduced by anatomical defects in his throat. That is the very lay person version of what he said, but you get the idea. He has to be sedated for this, so we are working on getting with the ENT so she can do what she needs to at the same time. I am going to see her soon, since we still need answers on his hearing and ear anatomy, and she may be able to help on the breathing issues as well (i.e. tonsils and adnoids.) Oh, and he needs his frenulum clipped (that little thingy that attaches your tounge to the bottom of your mouth). I think I may go back to medical school in my spare time since I am already learning all the lingo. We have speech therapy coming one day this week for a feed evaluation, and Early Intervention has his six month review next week. (Can you believe it has already been six months???)I finally went to children and family services to apply for medicaid, and THAT experience is a whole other blog.
Other than that, Andrew is loving the pool. We are finally swimming, by the way, and everyone is enjoying it. The B's try to empty is one cup at a time. Andrew loves propping his arms over a noodle and kicking his chubby little legs. Jeffrey would swim till he fell asleep on a raft if given the opportunity. I love that we are outside and wearing everyone out. No summer TV brain rot around here, and that is great.
Jeff just had his birthday last weekend, and I have been told he won father of the year award on Sunday. I was enjoying a girl's weekend away with two friends, and Jeff took all four boys to church AND he taught Sunday School. The man truly is impressive and amazing! It was a nice break for me, but coming home to about 8 loads of laundry quickly brought me back to reality.
Its a week of errands and trying to get final pool and house details completed. Kara goes back to school in 4 weeks (sniff, sniff), so we are enjoying our last weeks of nanny time.
Please keep Jeff in your prayers. He saw a vascular surgeon last week about the varicose veins in his legs. I'll save you the technical details (since I can't remember them), but the bottom line is that he is going to have to have surgery on them. They are doing an xray/sonogram (not sure which) on them tomorrow, and then the doc will call and let him know exactly which type of surgery he will have. I'll keep you posted.
Happy Monday!
1 comment:
Hey, I missed you guys at church this Sunday. Your mom told me that you are havging a little "construction." I bet you all are going crazy. Hope it all went well. Love you guys and see you soon. Post pics of the new kitchen if you get the chance.
Post a Comment