Tuesday, August 09, 2005

One of THOSE days...

Its been one of those days. Well, a few of THOSE days in a row which makes us all tired and cranky. To be exact, Blake is making us tired and cranky. I believe I called Jeff's mood dark and gloomy the other day, but quite frankly, I can't blame him. Blake has been getting up at night - a few times a night, and by now the idea of 8 hours of sleep seems like a dream-land, a far-away place that we once knew. But, I digress. Blake has strange skin problems which is nothing new to a Voth child (or his parent), but the itching was waking him at night. So, we called the doc, got us a nice strong prescription for something to knock his lights out, I mean, to help him not itch and sleep better. Alas, it worked once over the weekend, but now the bugger gets up still. I think it is a habit. Sigh.

So, we are not convinced it is the itching, since, well, his skin has cleared up and he doesn't scratch. But strangely enough, I am hoping that someone starts a fever or something that will explain the foul moods that all of my children have been in. I have seen more tears and more fits than I care to count. It took almost 3 hours to get them all off to bed tonight. Brantely was clingy, Blake threw fits like I have never seen, Jeffrey hurt himself jumping a baby gate, and Andrew, who never complains, actually cried when we put him to bed. Finally he stuck a thumb in his mouth, put his rear in the air as if to tell us his thoughts on the situation, and went to sleep.

I think it is time for school to start.

1 comment:

barefeetbilly said...

Yee sounds awful not gettig any sleep. I am furious just reading it. I think a couple nights out in the chiken coup will cure that rotten Blake.
Sure hope the unrest passes quickly. Just remember how handy all those boys are going to be when you and Jeff are old and grey and they are there to care for you!