You know how your drain makes that sucking sound as the water swirls down through it - well, that is how we are feeling around here - like we are the water being sucked down through a tunnel - and I'm afraid that the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train! Ok, so maybe things aren't that bad, but goodness we are tired.
Blake - generally not sleeping. Well, actually slept last night for the first time in a long time. We saw the ENT yesterday and his adnoids are coming out next week. Please pray for him as he has surgery. Hopefully it will help with his mouth breathing and drooling. His adnoids were pretty big and are certainly messing with things. The poor baby looks so tired - dark circles under his eyes, grumpy, etc.
Brantley - tired from Blake waking him up all the time. Cranky, but still sassy. He's a mess, this one - but a very cute mess.
Jeffrey - a very big, very mature first grader. He is loving school and loving being a social butterfly again. I took him lunch today and ate with him and his class. He loves showing off Andrew. We were all sitting on a blanket and a new boy was sitting at his desk alone. All the kids were talking to me and Andrew (its still cool to like your mom in the first grade). I quietly asked Jeffrey if he wanted to go ask the boy to join us. I love my kid. His face lit up - he said, sure - and he promptly made him (the new boy) a part of the group. They all loved telling me stories about their summers, their siblings, and what movies they had seen recently. I was so proud of Jeffrey. He is so dear to me.
Andrew - a.k.a. Mr. Social Himself. He is loving being out with mom all the time. He flirts and talks to everyone smiling from his head to toes. He is still creeping across the floor, is doing great with his speech therapy, and is eating fairly well from his spoon. Thanks to daddy we found a magic combo of fruit and cereal that he really enjoys.
the combo of no sleep and the first week of school has been pretty rough on everyone. The twins are loving preschool, but fall asleep in the car on the way home and then don't want to take a nap. ugh. I am spending 2 1/2 hours a day in the car - 3 trips - one in the am, one at noon, and one at 3:00. Not sure what we are going to do about this.
so that is the update. not real pretty - but its an update!
2 comments:
Yikes! I feel for you. My girls have not been napping either, but they have been sleeping at night. I can imagine the 'sleep deprivation induced pain' you must be feeling... I will pray for all of you.
I can so relate to the car thing. Its only been two weeks and I am trying to figure out what to do about the driving!! HELP!!
Maybe we could move closer to our school!!!
Take care!!
Laura
Post a Comment