Wednesday, March 26, 2008

maybe crazy??

So spring break is coming soon - just two weeks away - and all of a sudden I noticed that all my children have the SAME SPRING BREAK. This may not seem a big deal to some, but they go to three different schools (don't even get me started) so all of us being off at the same time rocks!



I do love sending the little darlings off to their schools, so I really don't want one to have to play hookie so we can all be off school together (ha!) I would love to tell you it is for educational reasons, but my reasons are selfish, I assure you.



So, I email my brother (whom I work for) and tell him I want to take the week off. We work "virtually" - ie we don't set foot in the office and do everything via computer, VOIP phone, and the cell. This is awsome in so many ways, but we do tend to be work-a-holics. In the "office days", when you left, you were done. Now, we tend to work at night when the kiddos go to bed, the weekends, whenever. This doesn't bother me a bit, actually quite enjoy it, because it affords me the opportunity to be mom - pick up my own kids, grab them when they are sick, be field trip mom, etc. Vacation means that I will put the blessed phone on DND (do not disturb), change my voicemail to "I'll be on vacation from __ to ___" and my email will send that awesome note of "check me next week." He obliged my request with a small beg of - "will you check in some, pleeeeasssee??" hmm, maybe - just not the phone part.



That is not the crazy part. The crazy part is that I am road-tripping with my four boys. Jeff needs to stay and work that week, so I am packing them up and heading out. We are working on a beach option for the first weekend and few days - will head home for a laundry day - then head to see Aunt Jenni and Uncle Jim. They are brave to take us in. I have promised that we are low-maintenance (ummm, as low maintenance as four kids can be) and will bring all our own DVD's and video games since they don't have cable. Did I mention that they don't have kids? I want to go on record that I offered to stay in a hotel.



Jenni sweetly offered to talk to her sis-in-law that homeschools for local activities since "she knows about that kind of stuff" There was talk of cannons that get fired off - Blake would love that - and the Jacksonville zoo - we all would like that.



So, pack up the anti-anxiety meds, get ready McDonald's drive thru, and fill up the mini-van. We're going on a road trip.

No comments: