It is pathetic when you go to type "surgery update" into your blog title box, and it auto-fills in the box. Sigh. We have seen one too many hospitals in the last few years. When I started asking the anesthesia nurse for certain drugs for Jeff, he asked me if I was a medical professional. No, we told him, but we are very informed consumers! You do, however, want me at your side if you are having surgery. I will make sure that you feel no pain and basically have no recollection of the entire day. You gotta love drugs.
After our last long and whiney post, we do have good news to report! Jeff is home and is eating well. They did a nerve block on his leg and as of now he still has no feeling in it what-so-ever. He has started his pain meds, as they said when the block wears off, it will hurt. The doc put a 5 inch plate in his leg and he screws the plate directly to the bone. (thus the pain when the block wears off) I did not ask much more after that. He will be in a splint (which is huge - will try to show you a picture) for two weeks then back to the boot cast for another 2-3 weeks till he can bear weight on his leg again.
I did use the few hours of peace and quiet in the surgery waiting room to finish Jeffrey's back to school paperwork, order his uniforms, and do some research for Andrew's speech therapy program that we are working on. I also started a new book which was an especially nice treat since I love to read and have little time to do it.
Thanks for your prayers for Jeff's surgery and recovery. They have certainly been felt. Please pray that he recovers quickly and without too much pain.
1 comment:
Very nice site! running stores in des moines 1966 cadillac fleetwood eldorado convertible nuclear grade hepa filter
Post a Comment