Sunday, August 20, 2006

New Pictures

Since surely you do not want to hear me whine whine whine about the difficulties of my life, I thought I would upload some new pictures. There are more to come later of Kara's last day (sniff, sniff); the first day of school, Andrew, the wedding, etc, but TODAY we graduated from cribs to big boy beds. Hmmmm, you may be thinking, I thought I saw this post LAST summer. Well, you did. But the boys were so bad and would not sleep so we caged the little buggers again. However, they are now 3, potty-trained (for the most part) and asking for big beds and to be together. So Jeff, with his horrid leg in tow, dis-assembled Blake's crib and I brought down the toddler beds from the attic. Jeffrey was the offical photographer for the event.

Here is me and Brantley watching the others work.
 

Brantley is test-driving the new bed.
 

Life is better when you have a friend!
 

And, ahhh, they sleep.
  Posted by Picasa



Jeffrey got the camera after some of the really cute stuff happened. Andrew was ALL ABOUT the new beds. He thought they were way cool since he could crawl in and out of them. Each of the twins wanted Jeffrey to sleep with them and at any moment there were at least two or three boys in each bed.

After a long week of Andrew evaluations, work, starting school, surgery and sibling rivalry, it was a nice change of pace. Especially since Andrew had the NASTIEST diaper ever today (and for those of you who know my kids, you KNOW what a horrible statement this is). I smelled him before I saw him, and he was covered in poop. The sofa was covered in poop. There was poop everywhere. I was totally grossed out. It took forever to clean it all up and sterilize everything and everyone.

Oh, wait, that sounded a bit like whining. Anyway, we put Andrew to bed (clean) and the other three boys laid on the floor with me and sang songs. I read "Guess How Much I Love You" and Blake and Brantley and Jeffrey held out their arms and reached to the sky as we read and talked about how much we loved each other. Jeffrey then read another book to the boys as a "new room and big bed special treat" and the twins actually went to bed in their big boy beds. We had to pull Brantley out of Blake's bed once and threaten to put Brantley back in his crib (we left it standing just in case) - but all in all it was a pretty easy transition for the first night.

Potty trained and big boy beds. School starts for them in September. Where did my little baby boys go?

2 comments:

Tertia said...

What a gorgeous family you have!! And may I say how HOT you look in that photo. Sexy mama!

Anonymous said...

The grapevine said you were one skinny momma, they were right!