Saturday, July 15, 2006

Where is summer going???

and why is it going so fast???

We were commiserating that summer is speeding by and are trying to schedule some fun into the last weeks of it. I have been working some so that makes things a little crazy, and I guess when you add in 4 kids and a husband, well, that makes things a LOT crazy!

So here is the scoop...

Jeff - his office is moving to a new location. It is a very exciting time for Movex (my brother's company) and we spent till 10:00 last night assembling computers and wiping down desks. He is back again today to work with the IT guys on the phone system and is unpacking his office. He is training more sales reps in another week so work is keeping him out of trouble!

Jeffrey - still loving his long hair and he would live in front of the TV if we allowed it. We have instituted the two show rule (which is not going well) and are working on planning our days better. He is swimming a lot and hanging out with friends. He is playing basketball next week and helped me do Let's Eat Dinner. He was too cute in his heely shoes making recipes and labeling food for my in-laws.

Blake - finally over another strange fever and doing well. He has pooped on the potty for the last three days. (more on potty training hell later) He is a nut and we still call him crazy Blake.

Brantley - the blondie - still full of sass. He has pooped on the potty once this week. (you do the math on how many poop underwear I have cleaned). He loves to play trains (esp. with his big cousin Sam) and loves his nanny, Kara. We have to sing Rock-A-Bye-Baby and Rock-A-Bye-Clifford every night before bed.

Andrew - is trying very hard to walk. He is taking a few steps on his own and can walk behind his walking toy. He is loving table food and life in general. Cute little crapper, this one.

and me - I am in dieting final phase - and these last 5-7# are killing me. I started working out with a trainer and live on the elliptical (well, not literally, but I am at the Y a lot). We have totally cleaned out my closet and I am starting to buy all new clothes (way fun). I am going to Atlanta next week for the annual Down Syndrome conference. As much as I will miss all my boys (Esp. Jeff), I am looking forward to sleeping in, room service, reading a book uninterrupted, and, yeah, the conference. I hope to come home with some new information for Andrew and a game plan for the end of summer and start of the school year.

Jeff's siter is getting married in a few weeks, so the family is starting to get busy with that. Jeff and I are going to try to go away for a few days and then Kara goes back to school. WOW, summer really is almost over.

I caught some fun video clips with my camera. I'll see if I can get them posted. Happy mid-July, everyone!

1 comment:

barefeetbilly said...

You are wearing me out:)
Try vimeo for the video clips. I have gotten to like it very well. If that does not worl there is always youtube.