Thursday, July 20, 2006
Off to Atlanta
for the National Down Syndrome Conference. It is an annual event that is usually on the west coast. Saint Jeff, I mean, my dear dear husband Jeff is staying home with the boys. Kara will be taking the boys while he works, but he is solo for the weekend, so be kind to him if you see him at church on Sunday! I haven't been alone for 4 days in a really long time (not sure when the last time was) and I would be lying if I didn't say that I am really looking forward to being responsible for no one (at least directly). I am hoping to be inspired by the event (and not depressed). I have found there are two camps of special needs parents - the ones who have accepted it and those who like to piss and moan about it. My thought is that the ones going to the conference are more likely in the accepted it camp. Soooo, I'm off and will be back next week with lots of stories to tell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
have fun!!
xxx
You did come back home...right?? LOL! Hope you enjoyed your trip, and I am sure you were encouraged, and did alot of encouraging others.
now, please spill it...what did the house look like upon your return?? hmmm??
Post a Comment