Well, actually it was yesterday, but I do the best I can. I usually do NOT post about family members, privacy and all that, but since I broke protocol for my father-in-law, I will break it again for my brother. Since he is my brother, it will not be as endearing or sweet, since, well, he is my BROTHER, but he does deserve a "shout out" anyway.
Stuart (I still call him that even though the rest of the world has shortened it to Stu) is only 15 months older than I am which proves that I am as crazy as my mom - having 4 kids and the last 3 are 19 months apart. We were her "twins the hard way" pair. We fought like cats and dogs when we were little - kicking and slamming doors and such, but somewhere along the road became friends. We hung out together throughout high-school and took classes together in college. He liked my boyfriend (Jeff-hahahahaha - that sounds really funny now) and we always had a good time. We shared a love of music, water sports, and generally having fun.
What I like most about Stuart is that he lives life out loud. He can be an egotistical pain in the rear and he knows it. However, it is what makes him fun. He says what he means and he means what he says. He is not afraid to take risks and refuses to conform. One day years ago, he looked at what he was doing in his life, and basically said, this stinks. So he took a business idea of my dad's and, well, made it happen. It has been a fun ride and he has been gracious enough to let the rest of us be caught up in it as well. At the end of this month we get to go celebrate moving up on the Inc. 500 fastest growing business list. What a great belated b-day gift for him that must be.
He loves his wife and he loves his kids. He is good to his family and to his employees. He quietly does amazing things for our community that he would never tell anyone about (but I can!). He loves God and he loves life. It is a great combo. He takes my eldest son with his family all the time since our house is over-run with babies. I can't get too sappy or it wouldn't be very sisterly of me, but I didin't want his THIRTY-FIFTH birthday to go by without saying that I love you and am glad you are my brother. It is why I changed my 4th son's name (after delivery, of course)from Andrew Nicholas to Andrew Stuart. I pray that your namesake lives life to the fullest like you do!
Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment