I take my eldest, Jeffrey, who is almost 7 years old to the doctor this week. The poor kid has asthma, and he spent Tuesday night coughing his head off. We were all exhausted, so we carted Blake and Brantley to preschool, and took Jeffrey to the pediatrician.
As part of Jeffrey's asthma plan, he takes a singulair pill everyday. During the summer months, this keeps it under control, and he does fine. Well, when the weather turns cooler, he started acting up. We had been at the doctor a few months ago, and he prescribed a Flovent Inhaler to use everyday. This is a low dose inhaled steroid to get him through the winter.
Now, I know I get crappy mom of the year for this, but we never started the Flovent. He had gotten better, and, well, we never get around to it.
So there we sit, me, Jeffrey who is hacking up his lungs, and Andrew who is happy to be out. The doc comes in (and I know the "is he taking his Flovent? question is coming from the doctor) and I am mentally preparing my, we've been really busy, but will do better speech.
So the conversation goes something like this...
Doc : "Jeffrey, what is going on?"
Jeffrey: "My asthma, it hurts to breathe, I coughed all night, and I only slept for 3 hours." (hmmmm, wonder where he gets the flare for drama??)
Doc: (the dreaded question) : Have you been doing the Flovent? (this question is directed at me).
Now get THIS!!!!
Jeffrey: "I told my parents I needed to be taking it, but she hasn't been giving it to me!"
OUCH - At this point, my ped. cracks up and claims: "Wow, he just threw you under the bus!!!"
Classic Jeffrey stuff here.
We love the bus terminology at our house. We use it all the time. If you are being blamed for something by another person, you are being thrown under the bus. If your life is falling apart, the wheels are falling off the bus. If you need to get involved, we say, hey, you need to get ON the bus.
And so, I got thrown under the bus by my son. I better go call the pharmacy and see if his Flovent is ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment