Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Comes Early This Year!

I received my first Christmas gift today - probably my favorite one of the year - Andrew is STANDING!!!! Go, Andrew! We have been working in physical therapy on standing and pulling to standing skills, but with the holidays and such, we have not been working very hard. However, Mr. Determined, decided that he would figure it out on his own, and watch out. I found him standing in his bed after his nap this morning. He was later spotted standing at the sofa, on the Christmas wrapping boxes, in Blake's room, and on the side of the tub, so I am guessing that it is a fully aquired skill.
He is quite pleased with himself, and has started clapping for himself when he stands. hmmmm, so I am thinking that self-esteem probably won't be a problem for him either.
We are going this week for his official one year check-up.
I'm so thrilled! Yeah, Andrew!!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea Andrew! Love the pictures, too. What a wonderful gift.

Ida Marie said...

This kid just continues to spit in the face of all those out there who say he should be behind. Keep up the good work Andrew, we are all very proud.

elizabeth said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!
I know this is a wonderful gift...
Merry Christmas!!!