Friday, September 23, 2005

Morning Thoughts...

I have been know to rise early in the morning (think 5:45 am) to walk. Mind you, this does not happen as often as it should, but I do enjoy the quiet and the dark and the alone time. I was walking in the drizzling rain yesterday listening to my very cool MP3 player that my sweet hubbie got for me.
Cademon's Call (a music group) starts singing in my ear...
"Amazing Grace I feel it coming up slowly now, like the sun rising here on my face..."
And as I rounded the corner, the sun, ever so slightly peeked up over the trees, and the wind blew in my face.
And good morning to you too, God, I prayed. Nice way to start the day, you and I together.
And I continued to walk.
This parenting gig can be exhausting and overwhelming. The weight of four boys (five really) can sit on my back like the hundred pound gorilla. The emotions. The therapies. The two year olds. The six year old. Needy. All of them are needy. Right now the physical needs are great - carpool, diapers, feedings, working with Andrew, more diapers, more feedings, more therapy with Andrew.
Then I hear the song...
"Amazing Grace I feel you coming up slowly now..."
and I turn to the Truth...
Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you my overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
and
Isaiah 65:23-24 "They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord - they and their descendants with them. Before they call, I will answer; while they are still speaking, I will hear."
May I continue to feel the sun on my face, and, Lord, you can have the gorilla on my back. The weight is too much for me to bear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Molly
I think we all feel like this sometimes. Thanks for sharing your heart. Life is so hard sometimes and we are so blessed to be able to leave everything at the feet of Jesus. Have a great week and keep that gorilla off your back.
Love,
Laura