Wednesday, September 14, 2005

9 months

Andrew turned 9 months old last week.
He has gone from this...



to this...



and that pretty much says it all.

He is a delight. To see his grin first thing every morning is just the best - the absolute best. He is sweet, and easy, and thankfully not 2 and 1/2. (no offense, Blake and Brantley, but 2 two year olds is enough around here.) We are amazed at how far we have to go, and we are amazed at how far we have come. Having Andrew is entertaining, loving, exhausting, overwhelming, delightful, and a life lesson that I will ever be grateful for.

What amazes me is how much I have changed in 9 months, and I would guess that I will scarcely recognize myself in 9 years. Just when I think another layer of pride cannot be stripped, God shows me one, and wow, what a pruning process this has been. I realize that what I really wanted was perfection - in myself and my children, and let the emphasis be on the "I." Not perfection that God sees (or would even want), but perfection that people see, and that was never going to work. I would have never seen it on my own.

Life is a funny thing, and not the "ha ha" kind of funny. It is funny, strange, unique, and an adventure, and should certainly only be taken one day at a time.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Okay, I want to know how to post the pictures in the blog! It has been driving me nuts, and I knew there had to be a very easy solution... share your wisdom with me :)!
The pictures are great... the boys are very cute and I can't believe Andrew is 9 months already! Time zooms! He looks great, by the way.
Your words are wise and a great reminder that it is not our agenda, but God's. Thanks!