Friday, December 19, 2008

how much info?

so the topic of discussion tonight was - how much is too much information to post on your blog. Writing has been therapeutic for me - working through having a special needs child, four children, working, etc. My thought/desire is to be transparent with my life - the good, the bad, the ugly. Because, frankly, anything can be a blog post.

What is difficult is deciding - where do you draw the line. How much is too much information. What I love about reading blogs is the feeling of truly getting to know someone else. But, I also don't want to embarass anyone - my friends, my family, my husband! So, where do you draw the line? How much is too much information? Too little information = boring. TMI = embarassing. Where is the balance.

I don't write about my siblings (or Jeff's siblings) because, well, that is their junk - do they really want me sharing it? So, siblings, chime in. Would it be weird if I talked about you?

I have read blogs that you feel like you know their siblings - but then you find out there is another sibling that is never mentioned! (probably because he/she said - hey - don't mention ME!).

and the whole picture thing. I totally post pictures of my kids on my blog. Never really thought too much about it. Should I? Then I read about some weird chick who was posting on a discussion board and had totally stole another blogger's life (kid pictures, circumstances, etc.) OK, so that is creepy and pathetic.

So, I am wading through cyber-world and learning the ropes with all my friends in the computer.
Where do you draw the line?

No comments: