Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My pumpkins at the pumpkin patch...

There are parts of motherhood that I enjoy tremendously. I have to remind myself of these moments so that when one of them is tossed on the floor in a spectacular fit I don't pinch them. How they can go from a screaming fit to singing "I am growing - big and strong - big and strong - growing up for Jesus - big and strong" in a matter of two minutes is always a miracle to me. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, is sweeter than a small boy singing Jesus songs. Will rip your heart out every time.

I digress. Motherhood moments that I love - I picked the crew up from school, sprung Jeffrey out early (always a treat when you think you are headed to music theory and mom gets you out of class for an adventure), and off we went to the pumpkin patch. Jeffrey was old enough to read the signs and figure out how much each pumpkin was. Andrew wanted to run for the street, and the B's wanted to play ball with the pumpkins. Total chaos. Totally cute. Of course, there is the lady at the pumpkin patch, "are hey ALL yours?" she asked. This always makes me smile, because when I answer "yes", I usually get a "bless your heart." But I did love my moment of my pumpkins in the pumpkin patch - the way Blake says "pun-kin" and the bit of fall in the air. A yummy mommy moment, indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want so costume pictures!!