Ok, lots of news to share. All the kiddos are doing well (only one with a fever at the moment). I am back in the office a few mornings a week. I love working, always have, and if the laundry does not overtake us, then we will do just fine. The boys are all going to preschool and happily announce that they have painted, glued, colored, and done all sorts of things that did not include laying on the floor and watching TV so that makes me happy as well.
I have been absent lately (due to working and having four kids) but mostly because I have been planning a 45th wedding anniversary weekend for my parents. I made a DVD of pictures set to music that was obnoxiously long, but 45 years holds a lot of memories, and we only subjected our family to watching it, so it was grand fun.
We all (and I mean all - 10 adults and 13 grandkids) went to the beach Friday night for the mass group family shot and then had a picnic afterwards. We were all silently (and some not so silently) dreading it because it sounds rather painful, but once we got there, we really did have a blast. Something about us all being together and dressed in our khaki and white was quite fun. We brunched at my mom's Saturday morning and she made chipped beef on toast which we ate growing up. It was another one of those family moments that others don't quite understand, but we all instinctively "got." Finally we went to a yummy dinner with just adults and then back to a sibling's house for wedding cake. We surprised my parents with the DVD. It was certainly a hit.
A few thoughts about 45 years. Somewhere down the very long road my parents have travelled, they decided to stick it out. Them vs. the world, with God on their side and loyalty as an ally. They will tell you it was when my eldest brother was born with some serious medical issues (he is fine now). And, having a special needs child, I totally get that. there was something just so sweet and inspiring to watch them as they watched the video of 45 years together. They held hands, teared up, patted each other's leg at moments, and laughed at all of us laughing at ourselves, our 70's and 80's hairstyles and clothes, and gazing at our babies growing up under our noses. It was worth all the effort of all of us getting under the same roof again - a not so simple thing when there are lots of us, so thanks to all my siblings for making it happen. 45 years. Blink and I think we will be there as well. The picture upload is not working - will try again later!
No comments:
Post a Comment