Monday, June 05, 2006

What a poor June Blogger I am turning into...

We have jumped into summer in full swing around here. We swam till after 8:00 tonight and then put some EXHAUSTED children to bed. I am hoping it will make them sleep till 8:00, but I am not holding my breath!

We did survive the last week of school, and bid 1st grade a fond (or not-so-fond - depending on my mood) farewell. We are trying to keep Jeffrey from dying in front of the TV and have been pretty successful so far. He is going to VBS this week and we are doing a "Mission Organization" of his room. We did the closet today and that took over an hour and two trash bags. Jeffrey HATES to throw things away, so for him to part with 2 bags of stuff was a miracle.

Blake did have mono for those who had not heard, but seems to be recovering nicely. The little ones have passed roto-virus around (water poop) as Blake calls it. Andrew had it for 10 days and Blake is on about day 4-5. Brantley, I suppose, is next.

We are in full-blown potty training around here and we have seen our share of naked butts. Their favorite is to go outside and pee in our plant near the pool, but as long as they are wearing their "big boy pants" and not diapers, I could care less. Brantley's favorites are Bob the Builder pants. They have Muck the tractor on the back and Bob the Builder on the front. "I can't pee on Bob," Brantely declares. Blake would just as soon go without and I guess I should do something about that.

Andrew is trying desperately to stand up on his own (not holding onto anything). His balance is not that great, but he sure is trying. The little booger can climb up about anything and we said good-bye to the last lamp standing in our family room. When we moved in 3 years ago, we had 3 in that room, and now there are none. I refuse to replace them yet, and am glad we had indirect lighting put in the ceiling when we built the house.

So, that is about it. I'll post some pics soon, but wanted to let you all know that we are still around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »