Finally a day of NOTHING to do (except the last baseball game which I don't have to go to). It is not that I don't LOVE to watch Jeffrey play, I really do, it is the three other ones that are a royal pain in the butt. Blake cries to be with Daddy (while he is on the field), Brantley wants to play in the dirt, and Andrew turns beet red in the sun. So, no baseball for me and the little ones anymore. Brantley and Andrew could care less but Blake sobs, Daddy, don't leave me - its way pathetic.
Blake is feeling better and is not as lumpy in the neck. We are waiting on blood test results (due early next week) but the nastiness of his recent diapers give us a pretty good case that he really just has a virus.
Onto Andrew news. He is developmentally coming along nicely as well as being the darling of the family. He is getting a toddler attitude even though he can not yet toddle. He has started barking at his brothers if they take his toy, shaking his head "no" and getting generally ticked if things are not going his way. It is hard to get mad when he is so cute. He has learned to walk/crawl (not sure what to call it) on his hands and feet. His butt is straight up in the air. I have this really great book about babies with Down Syn. and while we have been applauding his ability to get around so quickly, evidently the locked knees position is really bad for him. He needs to learn to keep his hips in line and bend his knees. So, we have pulled out the hiphelpers (little work-out pants that keep his legs in line) and are doing more strength training with him. I was determined that he would walk by 18 months (my issue, not his) but I don't think we are going to make it. He can cruise the furniture and stand on absolutely anything, but he doesn't have the trunk strength to keep himself upright yet.
We have one more week of 1st grade, and I swear I am going to pitch a tent in the parking lot. There is a field trip on Monday, PJ party Tuesday, awards on Wednesday and bring your parent to school day on Thursday. Not to mention a picnic on Friday. Enough all ready - can't we have cupcakes on Friday and call it a year??? I'll be charging up the camera and posting lots of pics of our eldest soon. He has grown up a lot this year.
I probably should be doing laundry or something but I'm off to kick up my feet and watch TV while little boys sleep. Bliss.
2 comments:
Hi,
I'm a huge lurker on your website. I have twin girls almost the same age as Andrew. Something you might want to try to get him walking upright is a device call the walk-o-long http://www.thewalkolong.com/. It is a type of harness that you hold to help him stay upright while he tries to walk. I have used this with many of my patients who have trunk issues and it is great. Best of luck!
What a great site Create a business card with word Idaho accident malpractice fraud legal Hydro quebec online bill payment Fertility+clomid+test Kirkland moving services zoloft dosage Secondhand uk leather sofas Between difference oxycodone oxycontin Dash covers and floor mats
Post a Comment