Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Thought of the Day

So, the kids are asleep (all three of them at the same time - gotta love that) and I should be folding laundry (boring, but necessary), but I heard a quote this morning during spin class that bears repeating.

Are you ready for it?



Pain is the weakness finding its way out.

I decided that I really like the quote. I was so glad that the spin teacher (nazi that she is) said this mid-class because it gave me some time to think on it. She, of course, was referencing my legs that were screaming from lack of excercise. The pain was in my weak legs, but through the pain, that weakness was finding a way out.

Unfortunately, this is true in our daily life as well. I have had so many personal weaknesses carved out of me since I have had Andrew that sometimes it leaves me breathless. I never saw my prejudice and judgemental spirit as weaknesses until it was right in may face. You know, the attitude that "special needs kids" only happen to certain people. I never thought much about it, really, only in passing to think, I hope that never happens to me. To say it is a walk in the park would be a lie, but the pain is getting the weakness out, and at the end of the day, my heart muscle is stronger and healthier. By nature, we stray away from the pain, and try to avoid it at all costs. How undproductive and fearful this position is. I dislkie pain as much as the next person, but the result of the other side is so much healthier and holds a much better perspective of life. I like that my heart is getting healthier, pain and all. Hopefully my legs and rear will catch up!

James 1:2 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything....Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."

No comments: