Sunday, June 12, 2005

summer in full swing

Jeffrey is enjoying summer. We all are enjoying summer. We need it to stop raining so they can finish our pool! Jeffrey finished a week of vacation Bible school this week. He had a ball. Music was his favorite part (guess he really is our kid:))

Our wonderful nanny, Kara, is sunning herself and enjoying a wedding in California this week (8 loooooonnnnngggg days away), and even Jeffrey asked today, "when is Miss Kara coming home?" She is always up for a good wresting match or trip to the park so we are all feeling a little stir crazy with her gone. (You try taking 4 kids to the park by yourself - it really is not safe.) But, this week we start swim lessons. I had to drop $16 on swim diapers today at the store so Blake and Brantley don't drop a load in the teacher's pool. I am hoping that it is not a total disaster. Jeffrey will be great, but I have a feeling Brantley will protest to the point of turning purple when they start dunking him under water. Blake, being Blake, will probably be swimming by the end of week one. Andrew gets a pass on swim lessons this year, but EI (that's early intervention for the not-so-savy on special needs terminology folk) thinks the pool will be great for his development. I am hoping it will be great for wearing out Blake and tanning my very white self.

We are enjoying the lazy days of being together - no major projects (other than the pool, but we don't have to do anything for that), no major time commitments, just days and nights of family time. We do have Jeff's 20 year high school reunion this coming weekend. (May I remind you all that I married an older man - it is HIS, not MY reunion). We were laughing that we tried to lose weight, work-out and get tan for his 10 year reunion - this one we're not making much effort. I guess that is what another 10 years does for you!

Thanks to all you have been praying for and asking about my dad. He had his hip replace 2 weeks ago and is doing great. He is actually getting in trouble with my mom since he has been going back to work for over a week. So much for 6 weeks at home! It really is amazing (espcecially when you consider what they did to him) how well he is doing.

I'm heading off to bed...4 more days till Kara comes back!

No comments: