Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Status Report

Stargate, June 21st, 2005. (I'm really not sure that this is the correct date, but it is close enough!)

Personnel Report-
Captain Jeff - Doing well. We just went to his 20 YEAR (please remember that I married an OLDER man) high school reunion. I thought it was fun, and Jeff did too. He said it was a little sur-real to take 2 days to think about your high school days. We laughed and watched funny slide shows. As we said our good-byes, we told people, hope to see you in 10 years. I do think it funny that when you leave high school you swear to keep in touch. When you go to your 10 year, you swear to keep in touch. When you hit your 20 year, you know you won't keep in touch, so let's just see each other in a decade, ok?

First Mate - Molly. I am doing better. I had a nasty stomach bug that hit me in the early am of father's day. Poor Jeff got no pampering on father's day. In fact, he cared for me, the kids, did 8 loads of laundry, went to the grocery, and took all the kids to his parents for dinner (which he didn't get to eat b/c he was too busy chasing kids.) His mom and dad felt for him and are taking us out next week (no kids, just adults - way more fun.) I told Jeff I was sorry that he had a lousy Father's day. It said it wasn't lousy - but is was ironic. Great, I really want you to describe your special day as ironic, but there wasn't anything I could do to change it. The bug only lasted 24 hours, but that was a LONG 24 hours. I started eating again today and really feel fine.

Jeffrey- He is looking splendid in his neon green cast on his right arm. Yes, he broke his finger with a 10 pound bowling ball and will be in a cast for 3 weeks. A special thanks and advertisement for the pediatric after hours place. How great - you go - they xray - they refer you to the orthopedic - you go home. We saw the ortho on Friday and they cast it. He too caught the bug - threw up on Jeff (on Father's day)and again on Monday at Lego Camp. So, no more lego camp, but the bug has gone away.

Blake - He too caught the bug (hmmm, don't you want to come to MY house?) - but he did not throw up on Jeff - and his poor little booty looks like it has been on fire. He was feeling so poorly that we broke down and took him to the doc today. He has a double ear infection. Poor Blake. He is walking like he has been riding a horse for a week and is laying around watching TV. And, if you know Blake, that is TOTALLY strange behavior for him.

Brantley - He too caught the bug (are you seeing the pattern here?) He threw up at swim lessons on Monday. So, no more swim lessons, but he is feeling better. He had nasty green stuff draining from his eyes, so he got to go with Blake to the doctor. We put some nasty cream stuff in his eyes and he is already looking better. You gotta love medicine sometimes.

Andrew. - He too caught the bug (hmmm, there is a pattern here!) and he did throw up on Jeff a few times on Sunday. He kicked the bug pretty quickly and is back to his smily self. He is starting to make really funny faces - blowing raspberries, etc at people. He is still so yummy and is rolling all over the floor. He can go from back to front and tummy to back. What a clever boy. I don't think he paid any attention to the memo that said he was supposed to be developmentally delayed.

So, long time, no post, but we have been a little busy. All of us seem to be on the mend. We are waiting for Jeff to throw up on us (for revenge if nothing else), but his stomach seems to be ok for the moment. They laid the pavers on our pool deck, so we only need the screen and the marcite before we will be swimming! I'll post pics of Jeffrey and his cast. He is very proud of it! Kara is home from California, and I was grateful for the help (and the afternoon nap I got). We are going with my whole family to Crystal River next weekend. We are so looking forward to the time away for a little rest and relaxation. OK, I know going with 4 kids may not be a whole lot of rest OR relaxation, but it is time away, and that is good enough for now!