Have you ever seen cartoons or a movie where the little guy gets in the big guy's face and says, "Hey - you wanna piece of me?!?" Like the little guy could beat up the big guy!! That is how I feel now a days - like the little guy - looking up inthe face of parenting all these kids. I can be so scared, but I am trying to muster up my courage - look the obstacle in the face - and shout - hey - you wanna piece of me?
At the same time, I feel like all my kids literally do need a piece of me. Andrew needs the time piece - lots of time rocking and feeding. Blake and Brantley need the discipline piece as well as the time piece. Jeffrey needs the discipline piece, the time piece, the organizer piece, the fun piece, etc. And Jeff, well, I digress. :)
So the challenge is, how do they each get the pieces they need and there be any "me" left?
I have decided that first I have to care for me so that I can care for others.
"love your neighbor as you love yourself."
I get hung up on the loving my neighbor part and forget the love yourself part.
But how can I take care of anyone else if I am falling apart? God has alloted enough time in each day to accomplish what He sees fit. This must hold true for me as well. Amazingly, when God's best becomes my focus, the pieces start to fall into place. There becomes time not only for Him, but for a pedicure, a walk, a TV show, a phone call.
I actually got my hair done last week. It took forever and it was heavenly. I read three issues of People magazine. I now know important things like why Brad & Jen broke up. I got a preview of what the stars will wear to the Oscars. It may sound silly, but it was just the mental break I needed, and God knew that. I came home ready to love on Andrew, Blake, Brantley, Jeffrey and Jeff.
I remind myself that God has to fill my cup - and He does till it overflows - and out of that overflow comes the energy to love my family. I certainly cannot conjure it up on my own. So, here, on Sunday, as I look over what the week ahead has to bring, my thought is this - time alone in God's word, some stolen moments for just me, and plenty of "pieces" to go around.
1 comment:
What a great site Free pics of mature ladies mr2 car cover
Post a Comment