So school is cancelled because of hurricane Fay. It did not even rain! All of us cooped up together waiting for the storm - trying to work and homeschool - wow - what a day! And not in a good kind of way. (think of the chick on Grey's Anatomy saying SERIOUSLY??)
The good news is the day is over. The great news is that school for Andrew is back in session tomorrow. The even greater news is that Blake and Brantley go back after labor day (which is LONG over-due - even they asked today when school would start).
It was a rough start in the homeschool world. Jeffrey broke into tears over vocab work. He declared that I was too tough and the work too hard. WHAT?!? It is only day two. It can't be that bad! We worked through it and he got it done. We backed off a little and took a rock-band break. Well, he and Blake took a rock-band break. I took a work-break (not nearly as fun).
The day dissolved into crisis-management mode. Andrew pooped FOUR times - once in the bathtub - ewww, gross, he declared. Actually, I hear him, "MAAAMAAA I POOOOOP" - (notice the nice three word sentence). Not nice poop in the tub. Poop in the tub. Had to deal with poop in the tub and poop at work. Did I mention poop? Lots and lots of poop. Poop all around. Ewww, gross. If it is a bug and everyone starts pooping everywhere, I might just pack up and leave. hmm, that is probably not an option.
On a happier note, Jeffrey and I pile into my bed tonight to cram out some more school work so the day does not feel like a total disaster. We were working on a new math concept and figured out a really fast way of doing 3 number subtraction problems. It was awesome to see it "click" in his mind and him just run with the concept. He even declared it "fun." So, we came a long way from our 8 am tears. Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment