Sunday, May 27, 2007

whew, and summer is here

so, since we have last chatted, I feel a bit like the world has been turned upside down and shaken on its side. so much to catch up with - can't be concerned with grammar and correct sentence structure and all...I might just opt for bullet points.

April - the twins turned FOUR. It only took four years, but we had a b-day party for the little buggers.

This calls for a photo...


I mean, how cute is that?? sigh. Let's find another...

Ok, now let me hunt down a b-day picture...

here is Brantley with his very own Sponge Bob cake...And Blake with motorcycle Mickey Mouse...

It was two hours of chaos, cake, pizza, Lord knows how many video game tokens, and way too much soda, but a grand time was had by all - including Andrew... who did NOT like Chuck E Cheese.


Somewhere in April we celebrated Easter - all of my siblings were together - which is always fun - so here are some pics from that.


This is all the nieces and nephews (except Andrew) on my side of the family. This was their "silly" shot. It was cold for Easter - esp. in Florida, but the kids (and adults) had a good time.

Fast forward to May - Mother's Day. Love Mother's Day at Preschool.

Blake writes... (well, the teacher asks - and the kids respond)-

MY MOM-Blake's answers are in " "

My mom's name is "Aunt Molly."

She is "50" years old and has "brown" eyes and "black" hair. (these kids are aging me)

Her favorite food is "cheese taco with meat on the side" (WHAT? - I hate taco night)

She likes to "cook dinner in the pot." (umm, I guess)

I love my Mom because she "lets me be crazy with her - like wrestle." (now, that's my boy!)

Priceless stuff, here.

Brantley's Answers...

My Mom's name is "Molly"

she is "10" years old (at least I was younger than 50) with "brown" hairs and "brown" eyes (closer than black!).

She likes to "work her paper with stamps" - maybe I spend too much time at my desk??

I love my mom because "she plays tag with me." (funny, only because we don't play tag!).

So, how did I spend Mother's day? Running the MUDDY BUDDY of course - with my dear friend, Steph. We did a 7 mile adventure thing - run, bike, run, bike, run - with obstacle courses - and then you crawl through the mud pit to get to the finish. It was more difficult than child-birth (maybe a bad example because I was heavily medicated for all births) and I was so relieved for it to be over.

Here is some proof - we did really do this...










We did wear pink. We did wear make-up. We di have jewels on our helmets. And pretty girls actually do sweat!

Of course, on the actual day, we went to Disney with my cuties - that bring me so much joy (and exhaustion).




We have finished the school year - and this weekend kicks off summer. In other highlights...

  • my brother and family are moving to South Carolina. We are excited for them - sad for us. I am sure the highway and video-cam on our computers will get a lot of use!
  • our office has gone "virtual" - so we are working from home - quite interesting when all six of us are here! Jeff locks himself away from us - I can't seem to escape!
  • my new business is off and running - we did shows in May and are booking more shows in June. It is a steep learning curve, but lots of fun.

So, whew, there you have it. I'll leave you with a few more pictures...



2 comments:

barefeetbilly said...

Muddy Buddy that is Yeee Haaaaw! Wow I want to do one of those!

Looks as if all your little men are just ducky. God's continued blessings!

Amberl said...

What a lovely update! thank you so much for posting! My boy turns 4 in August, we will celebrating spongebob style also. lucky me. any tips? :)the cake looks fabulous!