Tuesday, February 13, 2007

WOW

have I turned into a lousy blogger, or WHAT???


Sorry about all that ~ have lots of new things going on ~ so let's see if I can do a better job of writing about it. I may need to turn "off" the comments section because I get tons of junk email about how to grow your private parts from lousy trolls, but we'll see what the response from this post is. I am working on a new web-site, so we'll be moving from blogspot soon. I'll keep you posted on the progress!

Be sure to TIVO Oprah tomorrow - she is having the sweet little couple with Down Syndrome that got married on her episode. I figure it will be good for a good bawl session. I generally don't think too far ahead as far as Andrew's future goes. I know God has a great plan for him, and it pleases HIM that Andrew is just the way he is (and us too ~ for the most part!), but it is hard to wrap my mind around him being in school, much less getting married, so it still makes me all teary to watch adults with DS.

Speaking of Andrew, he has earned the nicknames of "little jaws" and (from my dad), "snapping turtle." He bit someone at school yesterday - not to be mean - just playing, but if he bites again, he has to take a "leave of absence" from preschool. I'm not really sure what that means or for how long it would have to be, but please pray that he will keep his chompers shut!

Alright, in other news, I signed up to run Gasparilla 5K this weekend. I am totally unprepared, but the agony of NOT doing it is worse than walking part of it. Since going back to work, my run schedule has been horrid, but my sweet friend is going to run/walk it with me so we both can say "I DID IT." And isn't life, really, if we are honest, more in the doing? It doesn't have to be a perfect run. The task just needs to be done. (a side note - my sweet father-in-law has run this for years, and this year cannot since he is in Texas. But, if you are reading this, I bought you a t-shirt for this is the 30th year of the Gasparilla run!)

I read a wonderful devotional, "Streams in the Desert" most days, and today has a quote worth reading, repeating, and letting sink down deep. I'll leave you with it and a few pictures...

"The visions of things that seem impossible are presented to us, not to mock us, but to incite us to spiritual exploits which would be impossible unless God had stored within us the great strength of HIS own indwelling." amen, and amen to that. Let the visions of things impossible intice me and not mock me and the spirit of God fill me.




and now, a few pics.


2 comments:

barefeetbilly said...

You need to enable the anti spam function in the blogger dashboard. It creates a series of letters that must be entered before posting and stop all the filth form getting in.

Anonymous said...

oh I knew if I just kept coming back & checking eventually there would be a new entry! thank you so much! have a great run! the boys are so adorable, thanks for the pictures!