Sunday, February 01, 2009

and so you just never know...

I doubt I will ever forget a few staggering moments in my life...

praying to receive Christ in my life

falling in love

saying "I do"

our first home

sitting across from the inferility doctor and him saying, "here is the card of a good adoption attorney OR you could try in-vitro"

It's a BOY

it's TWINS


It's a BOY. It's a BOY

"Jeff, I'm pregnant."

It's a BOY.

sitting in the pediatrician's office, "I'm going to tell you the truth. I think he has Down Syndrome."

Moments. Moments of joy. Moments of terror. Moments that take your breath away. The older I get, the more you come to know that you are only a moment away from some sort of BIG change (good or bad). And so the promises of God - that he holds our future and He is our Hope become more and more precious and more and more of a life-line.

In the last few weeks alone:

a friend had surgery for breast cancer

a neighbor lost their job

a husband is being deployed to Iraq

a friend's children had surgery

and the list goes on and on.

And so, if you just never know what the next moment brings, shouldn't you know the One who does?

No comments: