Wednesday, September 24, 2008

stop the clock...

I wish that my kids' childhoods would be more like the last two minutes of a football game - long and stretched out - not the "hurry up" offense that they seem to be. Yes, football season is upon us and my children are growing up before my eyes.  I swear they are growing inches in their sleep!

Blake & Brantley have been bringing home "readers" from kindergarten.  We snuggle up in their beds and they read us their stories at night.  They are increasingly self-sufficient - strapping themselves in the car on their own - taking their own showers, etc.  I'll be obsolete before I know it!

Andrew is riding the bus home from school and is rapidly moving in on his 4th birthday.  I guess I am going to have to break down and do some hard-core potty-training.  As I was giving him his bath tonight, I thought, you need to have two goals when you turn four - potty training and learn to swim.  I don't think I care much about the rest!

The tough-love approach of homeschool from my previous post worked like a champ - last week and this week have cranked along nicely.  I'm seeing some nice progress in math and grammar skills as well! Yahoo - maybe he is learning after all.  The weather turned nice yesterday and we went for a run - our first official P.E. activity (besides playing football).  Soccer season is around the corner and so are the holidays (AHHH!).

Heart & Home hits the road next week - we are doing a Jr. League show in Ocala for the weekend.  The boys are bringing the camper and hanging out with me so that should be fun!

Jeff is off on a play date with Jeffrey today/tonight - so I'm heading off for bath and bed duty! toodles!

No comments: