If I have not warned you before, let me warn you again. NEVER – and I do mean NEVER – say that you will NEVER do something or say something. It is a cosmic joke and God gets a good chuckle when you end up doing or saying the one thing you would NEVER do.
Let me give a few examples…
In my early 20’s – conversation with my sister over and infertile friend of hers – “why would she do all that infertility treatment. I would NEVER do all that!” Can I show the bills from my infertility doctor? I’ve done 4 IVF cycles! AHHHH.
In my 30’s – conversation with a girlfriend over having a special needs child – “I would NEVER want that to be my life – I really hope God would not ask that of me.” One year later my Down Syndrome baby was born.
In my 30’s- multiple conversations – I would NEVER homeschool my child. Sigh, you guessed it, I just spent the weekend at the homeschool convention and am homeschooling my oldest son, Jeffrey next year. I saw a friend (who has homeschooled forever) at the conference. She looked shocked and very amused to see me. Yes, I told her, it is cold in here and hell has frozen over. I really am homeschooling!
Ha – so laugh out loud at me and snort your diet coke through your nose at the idea. The shock and awe has worn off and I am actually excited about having a year with my eldest boy. But let me be a warning to you – NEVER say NEVER. It will haunt you!
Hmm, what if I say I’ll NEVER be RICH and out of all debt? Would I win the lottery?
No comments:
Post a Comment