Saturday, December 16, 2006

Finished.

Ahhh. With a final click of the mouse, my Christmas shopping is complete. Jeff and I made the TOYS R US trip from hell tonight (us and every other redneck in north Tampa was there). We had to get our own cart from the parking lot, and I swear to you, there were TWO police officers there ~ one at the door and one in the parking lot. We made our list and checked it twice. If it hasn't been purchased, it probably isn't going to be. Now all I have to do is wrap the stuff.

I got on-line when we got home (after taking the sitter home and going to Starbucks for gift certificates for all of Andrew's therapists) and ordered the last of Jeff's gifts. I also FINALLY made our Christmas card. We had NO decent pictures of all of us, so I cropped a picture of each child and one of me and Jeff ~ and VOILA, Christmas card. It wasn't my favorite work, but the pictures of each of the kids make me laugh. We are NOT the velvet and suits kind of family at this stage of life, so why would our Christmas card make us look any different? Here it is for those of you who I don't send one to...



I LOVE the picture of Brantley ~ he was at his Christmas party at school, and he gave me what I call the "pirate eye"look of "hey, look at me, don't you think I'm great??" We commonly call Blake, "Crazy Blake" because he talks all the time, makes crazy faces and has the best belly laugh EVER. He was watching the old Tom & Jerry cartoons today while I was painting a mural in our play room and he was laughing so hard that I started laughing. I love the picture of my sweet Jeffrey who is getting so big. He is losing all his teeth in his second grage year and doesn't like to smile with his mouth open right now. The picture of me and Jeff is from dinner at my parent's wedding anniversary dinner. And Andrew, well, pictures of Andrew can't help make you smile; and Andrew in a CARS costume is cute anytime of the year.

I was thinking of the new year as I lay in the bath tonight. What does God have for us for 2007? I got my new calendar this week and I ran my hands over it as I opened it, wondering what the next year would bring, and praying that I would be the woman God wants me to be. I have an idea of what my "resolution" for the new year will bring, but I don't want to spoil the surprise, so you will have to wait and find out what it is. Blogging a bit more is actually one of them, but we'll see how that goes!

Just a little over a week till we can celebrate Jesus' Birthday! Happy Shopping!

No comments: