
How, oh HOW can Jeffrey be seven years old? He is such an amazing kid. He loves (and I mean loves) Star Wars and can often be found in the front yard fighting evil with his friends and his trusty green light saber. He is a great student, and has a phenominal memory. At school, they memorize a verse every week and he always knows his letter perfect. (that is a little humbling for mom, I might add). He is still a sensative boy, but is all boy, none the less.
He is amused by all potty words and all potty humor. We are the proud owners of fake dog poop that is jokingly hidden by Jeffrey or his dad each day. They love to hide it in the other's things to be found and enjoyed. I am assured by Jeff that this is a boy thing and is perfectly natural, and I must admit that I have hidden the dog poop myself. (I should add that his grandparents bought him the poop.)
But enough about poop and more about Jeffrey. Jeffrey is caring and kind. He loves God and desires to please us and him. He is a legalist and would like to live by the letter of the law (and have his brothers live by the letter of the law), and we are trying to show him grace. He loves pizza and apple juice - hates all veggies green - and would eat McDonald's ice cream everyday if allowed. He just lost one of his top teeth and has changed from beautiful little boy to a bit of a gangly big boy all in the last few weeks. He is opinionated about the length of his hair (and mine as well) and loves to have his back scratched.
He waits patiently each evening while we put the others to bed so he can have time alone with his daddy. Those two are two peas in a pod and I am not sure who adores whom more. Jeffrey works hard and plays hard. He loves intensely and is needy and self-sufficient all at the same time. He is a deep thinker with a kind heart and a love for "play dates" with his buddies.
He would love having a pet, but understands that he has brothers instead. He adores his Andrew and I wonder to what extent he understands what is going on with Andrew having Down Syn. The B's adore their "BIG J" and give him sloppy kisses and hugs before he heads out of the van each morning. Jeffrey appears to be a bit bothered by all the fuss, but deep down is loving the attention.
He is my son, my child of my heart, my child born after many prayers and many tears. He was so worth the wait. Happy 7th Birthday, Jeffrey! I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment