Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy New Year!

A little late in my new year's wishes, but Happy New Year to one and all. I, personally, LOVE a new year, a new week, a new day - the chance to start fresh, pick yourself up and start all over again. (isn't that a song?) Anyway, I bid a somewhat fond farewell to 2005. We learned a lot, loved a lot, cried a lot, sat in the doctor's office A LOT, and mainly laughed a lot.

2005 brought us Andrew (well, technically the end of 2004) and what lessons we have learned. We are now expert in early child development, the ins and outs of Part C funding for disabled children, and know a wealth of medical info that no normal mom should ever have to know. I sometimes feel like a walking encyclopedia.

However, 2005 brought us a very special gift of seeing people for who they are and what their special talents are. Having Andrew has been a gift, and Jeff and I were talking the other day about "if we could have his chromosones like everyone else", would we? The short answer is, no. Andrew is Andrew and what makes him different makes him so unique and so special. I hope that people can see him for the wonderful person that he is - that they can see past the diagnosis. Truthfully, I never did before I had him, and for that I am sad.

He is sick (again) with a double ear infection, but developmentally is doing remarkably well. He is pulling to stand on anyone and anything, and is very determined to get to where he is going. He has an easy nature and a sweet spirit. He is gentle and loving, and claps his hands with delight the minute Jeff walks through the door at night. How would you like a clapping ovataion every time you came home? He is delighted to see you in the morning, and sleeps like a champ at night. He works hard for his therapists, but works harder at keeping up with his brothers. He has learned to pull their hair, and I have to laugh. We are trying to break him of the habit, but it really is funny. He loves his mama and gives me sweet grins all day long.

I can't believe my baby is a year old already! It was a year that is hard to explain, and I think of the verse in scripture that talks about Jesus' mom, Mary, "pondering these things in her heart." That is what 2005 was - a year of moments that I will forever ponder in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this year is a wonderful one for you and your family. Andrew is such an adorable little boy, seeing that smile will light up anyones day. Your a great mom!!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Round kitchens bypassing aol parental controls Cookie sheets for toaster ovens computers +xanax 1985 oldsmobile supreme seat covers Imitrex 25mg Prozac fluoxetine united states http://www.tranny-1.info/Mermaid-manga-sex.html http://www.tramadol-pill.info Nv weight loss pills