Where has summer gone??????
Someone asked me this weekend if I couldn't wait for school to start. I told them, no, I really really like summer. I enjoy the routine and structure of the school year, and the kids are on a better schedule then, but I love laying on the floor with them in the mornings and watching cartoons, playing when we want, eating when we want, and going to bed when we want. Frankly, it is going too fast, and I am glad that Jeffrey's school doesn't start back till Aug 22nd.
I am going to post some pics of the boys in their new toddler beds. They are so so so so cute sleeping in them. It has been an adjustment. Adjustment is a really nice way of saying that it has been a few nights of torture for all family members involved. Brantley loves to go and sit by Blake's head when he is already asleep. He starts poking him saying, "blakey, blakey, blakey..." like - hey you get up - I've thought of something for us to do. Blake likes to kick the wall, and they both like to get up and play together. It was a rough few days, but tonight I put them to bed, they stayed there, and fell asleep! Victory at last.
Andrew went for his well visit check-up, and for once, he was ok! He has to go see the ENT and pulmonologist again for some routine stuff (amazing how now seeing two specialists is routine!), but other than that he is great. He was almost 18 pounds, but I don't remember how long he was. We are still working on the spoon thing, and he has graduated to his high-chair (see very cute picture). Brantley and Jeffrey have had their well visits too and Blake goes next week. Everyone, including my pediatrician, and especially me, was happy that we took them one at a time. It was significantly less stressful.
Jeff and Jeffrey are off to the east coast for their semi-annual camping trip with the Ater's and Littlefield's. This is a boys only event, and the girls who are left in Tampa are terrilby grateful to be in our air-conditioned homes. I am sure the boys (and girls) will have a wonderful time. I am amazed at how quiet it is around here, and I still have twin toddlers and an infant at home! We miss daddy (especially Blake) and we miss our Big J (that's Jeffrey), but they will be home on Sunday morning.
So, now that the "news" type of info is out of the way, here is the thought for the day. I have been thinking lately of how having Andrew has completely changed the purpose of our lives. While that may sound melodramatic, it is, nonetheless, true. Not that our lives did not have purpose before. I certainly don't mean that. But the direction of where we are heading has dramatically changed. Our lives now include the special needs community, and for that I will always be grateful. I am ashamed to think of how I viewed those whose lives were different from mine before I had a child with Down Syndrome. No, I was never cruel. In fact, I was always kind. But that was just good manners and upbringing. It was not from a love and passion in my heart like it is today. God had a purpose for our family - each us individually - and as a collective family - and it is fascinating to follow God on this journey, this adventure. I never wanted to live an ordinary life. So as we go forward from here, we are striving to live our lives with an exclamation point on the end of them (I stole that phrase from Stuart - just love that!).
Isaiah 25:1 says - Oh LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your
name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things
planned long ago.
This verse came across my email today, and it fits where I have been with God this week. I see now that this was the plan from long ago. Me, Jeff, Jeffrey, Blake, Brantley, and Andrew are all part of things planned long ago. Planning requires intent and purpose, and I am excited to see how the plan unfolds.
How is your plan unfolding? Does it hold great purpose? Are you living your life with an exclamation point on the end of it?
4 comments:
Thank you Molly your words bring peace. I am strenghten to see where you find yourself right now in this present time. I have no idea what my future holds but the challenges will come and your families trust and surrender to God's good plan for you will always be a help to me.
Please Pray for me. I am also in Tampa and found your blog thru Tertias. I will never be able to have children but there is so much else in my life that wouldn't fit with having them. I am agoraphobic and tired all the time and no way to get out to the doctor when I need to and lots of stuff. My name is Deb. Thanks.
You can reach me at ratspeak@gmail.com if you want.
Very nice site! Purple lotus flowers search engine positioning shkoder Louisiana patent attorneys Cheap multiregion dvd players Whistler radar detector part Ladere super bowl football lasik http://www.postpartum-hair-loss.info national debt and gnp bush 2d barcode readers Order phentermine online no script lamborghini original
That's a great story. Waiting for more. Seidio seidio g2500 gps ready car Causes of internal anal sphincter dysfunction Asian + big tits Small breasts legal Nude models and filmographyu Perfect upskirts Preggo mpg http://www.marybentley.info/silver-lamborghini-diablo.html
Post a Comment